Friday, September 10, 2010

Live Brightly



Life is busy. Life hands you many opportunities. Life can feel like it is spinning out of control. What to do?

Stand up and say 'I have choices'. I can decide to make life slow down so that I can enjoy my time, make good decisions, and think things through. I can decide to have a good day or a bad day. I can decide who will affect my attitude positively or negatively. It's up to me.

Live brightly. Making the decision to live by making choices can be the hard part. It can be easy to wallow in complacency, to not look further than where I am now, to not try to be better. I think of this as living in a grey, dull, unilluminated world. But to choose to 'live brightly', by making solid choices that move me forward is risky.

Living brightly is a challenge and new perspective.

To live brightly is to live in colour-vibrant, outrageous, reverberating, loud, magnificent colour!

What exactly is living brightly? Its honest decisions, creating good habits, being open-minded to new things/ideas/experiences, looking for the good instead of the worst. Being honest with myself, practicing changes, following my instincts, not second-guessing is living brightly.

Living brightly is a conscious decision to move forward, to stretch, to grow, to be at peace with yourself and the world around you. Go. Live Brightly. Live in full color to enjoy your choices and be fully present in the colorful world around you. I am.

No comments: