Friday, April 29, 2011

Big Things Can Get Small

Today I have a huge load on my plate.  Lots to get done around the house, outside the house and with work (of course), not to mention what the kids need and the other items on the list.

So, instead of freaking out....I started to wade through the list and see that even though things are big - and have urgency around them to complete, that there are items to delegate or that the big items can actually become smaller if I break them down into steps.

For example, I can't get the entire yard ready to plant my flowers because the flowers aren't out yet.  What I can do, is get the leaves raked (kids can help), get the shrubs trimmed and get the pots out and ready for planting.  And all of this does not need to be done in one day.  It can be done in the snatches of warm sunshine that actually appear throughout a few weekends.  When the flowers are out at the nurseries, then I can do the planting - always a good time to relax, think, visualize and meditate with Mother Earth.

Whew!  That's better - not so big!

We do it all the time - we take the big things and put them off because they seem insurmountable - they are not, when we break them down.

No comments: