Friday, June 3, 2011

Life is Good

You never know what you can do until life puts you into situations that you never expected.
The last two weeks I have been completely off track - in life, in business, in routine.  My spouse had a minor surgery that turned into a major surgery.  He's doing very well recovering - thank goodness and all the powers that be.  Not easy, but definitely a learning experience that ends by me saying that 'Life is Good'.

After all - the lessons along the way have been incredible:
  1. you are never given more than you can handle  - thought that I couldn't deal with juggling a packed schedule, 2 kids, doctors appointments and more...guess what?  I did!
  2. learned about medication and it's influences - meds can do strange things to people, so point it out, get it corrected (with new meds or no meds) and move on
  3. kids can feel and see everything - being kind always, providing love and removing toxic energy makes a huge difference and they emulate what you do
  4. your limits are only where you set them - never thought I could handle bandages, scars and the rest - not much of an issue anymore because it helps me to help him
  5. time is not limitless - waiting for a 45 minute surgery after 3 hours, I knew that something was on the wrong track but not exactly sure how bad it really was - with the doctor's patient and thorough explanation, I discovered that the surgery needed to be this way because of circumstance and that full recovery would take place....in the meantime, and again later, when I was on my own for a few minutes, I was able to count my blessings and be thankful for my time with my spouse.
Life is GOOD!  Life throws all kinds of opportunities or challenges at us.  We can cower or be courageous.  We can bend or roll with it.  We can hide or run.  Whichever path you choose, it is your - take the lessons for what they are worth and make your Life Good!

No comments: