Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Mom Said 'Cool'

This is my mom.
My mom & me.

She and my dad left with some friends last week for a road trip to New Orleans.  I love the fact that they are retired and can spend their time exploring the world around them. 

I am a middle child.  I always ask my mom to call me when they are on the road so that I know they are ok.  Let's face it...my Dad is in his 70's and she is getting close so I worry...and I like to hear her voice.
I was unable to get the phone when she called after one of the legs of her trip, but when I did, and I laughing as I write this....she ended the call with
"don't worry about us, everything's cool"
Well, that just tells me how awesome she is, how up-to-date and of course how much me and the kids a rubbing off on her. 

Even more importantly, they are going on a cruise from New Orleans.  Mom did a great job in the last 10 years overcoming her fear of boats.  Being a landed immigrant, she came to Canada on a ship from Europe and had a not-so-good experience - they certainly did not have the mechanics or medicinal supplies they do now to deal with seasickness.  She really is totally 'cool'!

No comments: