Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Create Food

Who knew that creating food could be so empowering, liberating and inspirational?! I know, it was only pumpkin soup,and then a stew the next day...but I even surprised myself! And my family loved it - even better!  According to my sons, I am 'stepping up my game' in the cooking department!

So what did I do?


Pumpkin Soup: I don't measure...just eyeball, sorry
Cut up a pumpkin
Remove seeds
Lightly glaze with olive oil
Roast at 400 degrees for 60 minutes
Allow to cool
Remove outer skin
Put into large stock pot.
Add 1 container of chicken broth
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Salt
Pepper
Puree with hand processor
Bring to boil
Add small container of light cream
Stir
Serve

Tastes great with a splash of Frank's Red Hot



Sassy Stew - this was so easy! And even better the next day Get your crock pot out Add 3 tablespoons of flour to the stewing beef in your crackpot, mix until all pieces are well-coated

Add:

Chopped onion
Chopped sweet potato
Chopped potato
Chopped carrot
Chopped celery
1 can tomatoes
1cup sun dried tomato salad dressing
1/2 carton beef broth
Stir and put crackpot on high for 2 hours
Reduce to low for 4-5 hours
Serve with crusty bread, pita or roasted polenta slices

No comments: